MISS HYBRID'S FORUM

*** WELCOME TO MISS HYBRID'S FORUM WHERE GIMP MASKS ARE NOW OPTIONAL ***
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 11:59 pm 
Acolyte

Posting rules
It has been brought to my attention that a number of new members are posting 10 times without actually contributing anything with their posts, and then not posting again.
We would like all posters here to enjoy their stay and to interact properly with everyone here (especially our hostess - Miss Hybrid). To that end, a new Rank of Probationer is being instated. New users that "rush to 10" may suddenly find themselves as probationers, which will mean that they no longer have access to the Gallery or Emporium, until such time as Miss Hybrid decides that they have made sufficient contributions to the board to warrant the lifting of their probation.
As much as anything else, this new step is to try and eliminate the one and two word meaningless postings that some newbies are apt to make when attempting to get access to the Gallery and Emporium.

Please note - I have had to ban two users recently for posting rubbish - the same post over and over again in various topics.
I have also been deleting some posts where the comment has no relevance to the topic and consists of just one or two words, or in some cases just an attempted smiley. This will normally only be done to those users that have either not yet reached, or have just reached 10 posts. If you want to post short comments, prove yourself first.
I will not hesitate to preserve the integrity of this board for our users, and if that means banning users and deleting posts, I will do it.

I would also suggest reading this > viewtopic.php?f=6&t=220 before posting.

Rankings
See the following for information on rankings > viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88

Web Site links on your Personal Profiles

Please do not put links to commercial websites onto your personal profile. WWW links are for links to personal sites, such as blogs, Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, etc. and not for any other use. Thank you.

Text Speak
Please try to keep text speak to a minimum as, although this board is in English, we do have a number of nationalities reading and contributing, and Text Speak can make understanding posts very difficult for them (and us old fogies as well).
omg (Oh my God), btw (by the way) are OK, but more obscure one (idk = I don't know) should be avoided.

Also, please post in English. Unless you provide a translation in the post, it will be deleted. If the translation provided proves to be misleading, you may be banned. This is purely to prevent offensive posts on this board.

Posting Copyrighted Picture
Please be very careful about what you post. If the material is copyrighted, and you do not own the copyright, please post picture as a link to the original, along with a link to the page on which they image appears.

General
Please avoid using ALL CAPITALS as this is seen as shouting and is frowned upon.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Post subject: Re: New Rank
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 12:57 am 
Acolyte

well said!

Post subject: Re: New Rank
PostPosted: July 5th, 2010, 10:50 pm 
Acolyte

Good idea Larss :-)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]