MISS HYBRID'S FORUM

*** WELCOME TO MISS HYBRID'S FORUM WHERE GIMP MASKS ARE NOW OPTIONAL ***
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: WLED vs RGB LED
PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 11:28 pm 
Acolyte

Is it really worth the extra £200 ($300) or so that RGB LED screens cost to warrant buying?

I have been told that the difference is amazing, BUT surely, unless I can see the two side by side I am not going to know that and I can't see that looking at a word document or some programming code using RGB LED instead of WLED is going to be that awe inspiring!

Post subject: Re: WLED vs RGB LED
PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 9:25 am 
Post Whore

Quote:
Is it really worth the extra £200 ($300) or so that RGB LED screens cost to warrant buying?

I have been told that the difference is amazing, BUT surely, unless I can see the two side by side I am not going to know that and I can't see that looking at a word document or some programming code using RGB LED instead of WLED is going to be that awe inspiring!
I have no ides but completely off topic, I love the adverts for HD televisions that everyone was watching on non HD, where they demonstrated the difference it made on screen. I never quite understood that x

PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 11:27 am 
Acolyte

Quote:
Quote:

I have no ides but completely off topic, I love the adverts for HD televisions that everyone was watching on non HD, where they demonstrated the difference it made on screen. I never quite understood that x
It's because you're dealing with the (mathematical) LCD :-)

PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 7:54 pm 
Post Whore

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's because you're dealing with the (mathematical) LCD :-)

Go on whats the answer xxx please xxx

PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 8:25 pm 
Acolyte

Quote:
Go on whats the answer xxx please xxx
According to my son that answer is yes. When his new laptop arrives, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2010, 11:52 pm 
Follower

better color representation but not worth it for general use atm with cost i would think

PostPosted: July 11th, 2010, 10:44 am 
Follower

LED Tv is just a way to make extra money, your better off keeping it for something else.
I keep it with my current TV till we get AMOLED, much better ^^

PostPosted: July 11th, 2010, 12:14 pm 
Acolyte

Quote:
LED Tv is just a way to make extra money, your better off keeping it for something else.
I wasn't talking about tvs. This was about the difference in quality between 2 different led laptop screens.

Having seen it now, and compared, rgb is better, but not £200 better.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2010, 12:47 pm 
Post Whore

Quote:
A MOLED? Is Spot in your TV?

PostPosted: July 11th, 2010, 10:35 pm 
Follower

just wait now when the 3D craziness start....and again that is just great maketing...any decent newer model is capable of showing such a picture ypou just need the special glasses.
and as far as the LED TV ...it really makes a difference....but is it worth the super high price tag...a definite no

PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 12:25 am 
Follower

Haven't seen an LED in the flesh, but my LCD certainly does the job at the moment. 42" plasma packed in recently & the LCD has been a godsend. Looking to update in a month or so, will certainly look at all the options, budget will really dictate what is bought though.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 1:12 am 

I guess this isn't such a big deal with TVs, but If it's a computer screen you'll be spending a large portion of your life looking at, it's well worth buying the best you can get, even if it means you can only afford a lower spec computer.

Eye strain and headaches from a bad screen just aren't worth it, I make a point of never scrimping on screens or ergonomics, it's not worth risking your eyesight or getting RSI so you can afford a bit more ram, or a bigger hard drive!

PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 5:20 pm 
Follower

If your general use consists of word documents and coding, then there is no reason to spend the extra money. These applications won't take advantage of the color representation. On the other hand, if you're in the market for a new monitor it never hurts to pursue quality.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 8:12 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Ha, yea those commericals are quite comical. They are like "see the difference!"...yes its so clear on a this non-HD tv :)

Back on the OT

I would say unless one is doing some hardcore photoshoping, photography or some other similiar thing (on a professional level) then it is probably worth it. However, looking at it from a regular / not career centric then probably no.

Yes, it will give a truer color and more than likely provide a better picture. Worth it? Its just another one of those things currently. Eventually it will more than likely become a standard of some sort (much like most everything is HD now)

I am still not quite sold on the 3-D TV rage that is spurting up. I think until a 3-d glassless is standard across muliple brands, I would hold off from purchasing one. Unless of course you have a bottomless cash pit. Then more power to you :)

PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 4:15 pm 
Follower

thoffman is correct; for the general user it is not worth the price. If you're a photographer or video editor, etc and you need to see the brilliance of a billion colors, you are likely not going to notice the difference anyway. Yes, it is a better picture and certainly of higher quality, but you can likely suffice with the lessor of the two and not feel like you're getting screwed in the deal.

But, if you are that bottomless money pit, I have several international investment ideas that I'd love to pitch you... ;)

PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 12:04 am 

Quote:
just wait now when the 3D craziness start....and again that is just great maketing...any decent newer model is capable of showing such a picture ypou just need the special glasses.
and as far as the LED TV ...it really makes a difference....but is it worth the super high price tag...a definite no
Such crap. My TV is a few years old and has the ability to do 3D, but I'm not paying $100 per set of glasses. Why are TVs now coming with the glasses? Like 3D is this new technology never invented before!

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 5:38 pm 
Follower

For me I prefer RGB LED, I used to bought RGB LED for all my devices such as TVs, laptops and so on, just personal preferences.