MISS HYBRID'S FORUM

*** WELCOME TO MISS HYBRID'S FORUM WHERE GIMP MASKS ARE NOW OPTIONAL ***
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 935 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next
 Post subject: Re: Jon's Random Trivia
PostPosted: December 9th, 2011, 6:50 am 
You nailed it who??? Great job! It was indeed Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry Be Happy" (or as I would probably title it....."Easier Said Than Done" Ha ha ha!)!

PostPosted: December 9th, 2011, 8:34 am 
Acolyte

PostPosted: December 10th, 2011, 3:20 am 
Here's kind of a toughie for today...In the world of telecommunications companies anyway, what does MCI stand for?

PostPosted: December 10th, 2011, 10:05 am 
Acolyte

Microwave Communications Incorporated - now known as Verizon
THEY'RE GONNA FRY OUR BRAINS......

PostPosted: December 10th, 2011, 7:16 pm 
You nailed it Larss....great job! Extra credit for knowing that it's now a subsidiary of Verizon also!

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 3:05 am 
As you know by now, I feel beyond dreadful right now....so if I don't do this right now, it won't get done tonight. Ugh!

Anyway, since I was just watching it (it's rare that I do, but I did tonight...for those who might be curious, the episode that aired was from before my time obviously....it was from '66 AND it was the episode titled "Miri" for any Star Trek junkies....which I'm obviously not...ha ha ha! I had to look up the title of the episode actually.)....

On the television sci-fi classic "Star Trek," what color uniform did Captain Kirk usually wear (the uniform shirt that is....the primary color)? Extra credit if you can tell me the color of the uniform shirt that Spock & Dr. McCoy wore also (both of them wore the same color...and it was different than Kirk's).

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 3:46 am 
Acolyte

Capt. Kirk wore a yellowish mustard color while Mr. Spock and Doc McCoy both wore blue.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 10:41 am 
Acolyte

Scotty, of course, wore red.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 2:24 pm 
Disciple

Quote:
As did Lt. Uhura

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 3:52 pm 
Disciple

But do you know the colour worn by Gene Rodenberrys wife? And the role she played in Star Trek The Next Generation?

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 4:48 pm 
Disciple

Quote:
But do you know the colour worn by Gene Rodenberrys wife? And the role she played in Star Trek The Next Generation?
Pasty........no

I've used up my Star Trek knowledge I'm afraid

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 5:11 pm 
Post Whore

Quote:
Quote:
As did Lt. Uhura
Could I butt in here please?

Lt. Uhura YSD :dog: :shlick:

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 5:21 pm 
Great job who??? You totally nailed it! Kudos to Larss & hajmcm also for their added and accurate knowledge!

Now on to Pasty's follow-up question. Though I am not, nor have I ever been a "Trekkie" or "Trekker" or whatever Star Trek junkies like to call themselves....I actually do know the answer to your question:

His wife was Majel Barrett who starred on the show in the role of Nurse Chapel....who of course, just like Dr. McCoy, wore a blue uniform.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 5:39 pm 
Acolyte

Quote:
Great job who??? You totally nailed it! Kudos to Larss & hajmcm also for their added and accurate knowledge!

Now on to Pasty's follow-up question. Though I am not, nor have I ever been a "Trekkie" or "Trekker" or whatever Star Trek junkies like to call themselves....I actually do know the answer to your question:

His wife was Majel Barrett who starred on the show in the role of Nurse Chapel....who of course, just like Dr. McCoy, wore a blue uniform.
She was the voice of the computer on most Star Trek franchises and also appears in TNG as Deanna Troi's mother Lwraxana (spelling?).

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 5:55 pm 
Disciple

Quote:
Quote:

She was the voice of the computer on most Star Trek franchises and also appears in TNG as Deanna Troi's mother Lwraxana (spelling?).
Well done The Real JBS, Larss, perfect answer. :2Thumbs:

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 8:19 am 
Since I just saw an episode of this during a brief episode of lucidity...I'll ask a question about it:

On the David Janssen classic television program "The Fugitive," where did Richard Kimble finally catch the "one-armed man" in the series finale? I'm only looking for in the general sense....not the name of anything or anything like that. For instance if it was "Mercy Hospital," the correct answer would be "a hospital." Btw, of course it wasn't in a hospital....so where was it? For extra credit....what well known actor served as the series' narrator?

Now my temp is up to 102.5 and climbing....so I'm taking my heart meds, something for the pain & fever, and going back to sleep.

Take care everyone!

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 7:28 pm 
Acolyte

It was at a fairground......and "Frank Cannon" was the narrator...aka William Conrad

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 9:44 pm 
I'm going to give you credit since I don't know if they are interchangeable over there....but it was actually at an abandoned amusement park. An amusement park and a fairground wouldn't be the same thing in the States....but I realize things mean different things in different cultures.....and I'm still sick, so I'm going to give you full credit for it. You totally nailed the narrator also....great job 1BB! I don't remember if the amusement park had a name or not, and I only saw the 2-part finale once as a one time special rerun on TV Land (as it originally aired way before my time)....but I certainly don't remember a name....and any research I did didn't provide one either....so the best answer would have been "an abandoned amusement park"....but, like I said, close enough. Good job....back to sleep for me.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 1:01 am 
Since I feel like crap, I'm going to get Tuesday's out of the way right now:

What U.S. State gets its name from a mythical island populated by female warriors (Amazonian) with gold weapons?

PostPosted: December 14th, 2011, 6:48 am 
Thankfully this question carries over to Wednesday...don't feel up to coming up with a new one...so that works beautifully.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2011, 5:40 pm 
Disciple

Ok, I had to resort to some "extensive research" :oops: but what a great excuse for this:

PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 3:45 am 
Great job Paul....I'm logically assuming you nailed it since you researched it....but the YouTube video won't show on my iPhone for some reason. Anyway....it was California....way to go!

PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 4:41 am 
What is the only band to have everyone of it's albums reach the Billboard top 10 (counting regular releases only)?

PostPosted: December 15th, 2011, 8:48 am 
Acolyte

I'll guess - The Beatles

PostPosted: December 16th, 2011, 5:15 am 
The pure answer, or per my source anyway, was Led Zeppelin (all 10 of their main albums did it...and they didn't do any fanciful/non-traditional releases while they were together). The Beatles released a bunch of albums starting way back in the beginning......so it's a matter of semantics in their case. Some of their more fanciful releases failed to crack the top 10.....BUT, all of their more traditional releases did.....since I still feel crappy as Hell.....I'm going to credit your answer Larss.....Good job!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 935 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next