It is currently August 16th, 2018, 4:50 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 39 of 39   [ 959 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 1:19 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15011
1. St Francis

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 2:01 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 18953
1. St Francis
2. a Finnish?
c German
d Irish
g Spanish
h Greek
3. Indian and Pacific
4. Goose
6. Norway
7. Frankincense
10 candy sticks

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 2:06 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15011
1BestBoy wrote:
1. St Francis
2. a Finnish?
c German
d Irish
g Spanish
h Greek
3. Indian and Pacific
4. Goose
6. Norway
7. Frankincense
10 candy sticks


I meant Irish Gaelic for 2. d :) similar to the Cornish Nadelic

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 3:57 pm 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 24494
Location: England
5 Christmas card
8 Oslo

_________________
Click here to visit Miss Hybrid's site

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 4:12 pm 
Resident Tartist
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Posts: 16589
Location: Germany
larss wrote:
A Christmas Quiz

1. Which friar, and the patron saint of, among others, Italy, the Philippines, the environment and stowaways, was the first person to stage a nativity scene (or manger scene) ?

2. The following all mean 'Merry Christmas' in which language ?
a. Hyvaa joulua
b. sung tan chuk ha
c. froehliche weihnacten
d. nollaig shona dhuit
e. mele kalikimaka
f. god jul
g. boas festas
h. kala christouyenna

3. There are two 'Christmas islands'. Name the oceans in which they are located.

4. Which Christmas dinner was eaten by Elizebeth I to celabrate the English victory over the Spanish Armada ?
a. fish
b. peacock
c. goose
d. eel

5. Which Christmas tradition did the very busy Sir Henry Cole introduce in 1843 ?

6. In which country does a tempermental 'Julenisse', a cross between a jolly Santa and an evil Gremlin like creature, deliver presents on Christmas Eve ?

7. Which Christmas gift of the very highest quality, also known as 'Oil of Lebanon', comes from Oman ?

8. In which European capital city is eel a traditional dinner on Christmas Eve ?
a. London
b. Rome
c. Paris
d.Oslo

9. Before Pope Julius I decided that December 25th was the day Jesus was born, on which day did early Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus ?

10. Which Christmas treat is it thought was first used to keep noisy children quiet during the church service ?


10. Gag & sticking plaster :$
2c. former German Democratic Republic? (where they did not learn to write "Weihnachten" correctly) :mrgreen:
1. S. Franciscus :pigeons:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 24th, 2017, 2:42 am 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 18953
:bravo
Riccardo wrote:
larss wrote:
A Christmas Quiz

1. Which friar, and the patron saint of, among others, Italy, the Philippines, the environment and stowaways, was the first person to stage a nativity scene (or manger scene) ?

2. The following all mean 'Merry Christmas' in which language ?
a. Hyvaa joulua
b. sung tan chuk ha
c. froehliche weihnacten
d. nollaig shona dhuit
e. mele kalikimaka
f. god jul
g. boas festas
h. kala christouyenna

3. There are two 'Christmas islands'. Name the oceans in which they are located.

4. Which Christmas dinner was eaten by Elizebeth I to celabrate the English victory over the Spanish Armada ?
a. fish
b. peacock
c. goose
d. eel

5. Which Christmas tradition did the very busy Sir Henry Cole introduce in 1843 ?

6. In which country does a tempermental 'Julenisse', a cross between a jolly Santa and an evil Gremlin like creature, deliver presents on Christmas Eve ?

7. Which Christmas gift of the very highest quality, also known as 'Oil of Lebanon', comes from Oman ?

8. In which European capital city is eel a traditional dinner on Christmas Eve ?
a. London
b. Rome
c. Paris
d.Oslo

9. Before Pope Julius I decided that December 25th was the day Jesus was born, on which day did early Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus ?

10. Which Christmas treat is it thought was first used to keep noisy children quiet during the church service ?


10. Gag & sticking plaster :$
2c. former German Democratic Republic? (where they did not learn to write "Weihnachten" correctly) :mrgreen:
1. S. Franciscus :pigeons:

:bravo

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 26th, 2017, 12:47 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16439
Location: Near London
1. Which friar, and the patron saint of, among others, Italy, the Philippines, the environment and stowaways, was the first person to stage a nativity scene (or manger scene) ?
St. Francis of Assisi ( as a teaching guide for the uneducated )

2. The following all mean 'Merry Christmas' in which language ?
a. Hyvaa joulua [Finnish]
b. sung tan chuk ha Korean
c. froehliche weihnacten German
d. nollaig shona dhuit Irish
e. mele kalikimaka Hawaiian
f. god jul Norwegian/Swedish/Danish
g. boas festas Portugese
h. kala christouyenna Greek

3. There are two 'Christmas islands'. Name the oceans in which they are located.
Pacific and Indian

4. Which Christmas dinner was eaten by Elizebeth I to celabrate the English victory over the Spanish Armada ?
c. goose

5. Which Christmas tradition did the very busy Sir Henry Cole introduce in 1843 ?
The sending of Christmas wishes on mass produced Christmas cards. The first cards depicted a family toasting an absent friend with the words "Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you". Only a few still exist today, If you have one dont send it away, it's a collecters item 'worth' keeping !

6. In which country does a tempermental 'Julenisse', a cross between a jolly Santa and an evil Gremlin like creature, deliver presents on Christmas Eve ?
Norway

7. Which Christmas gift of the very highest quality, also known as 'Oil of Lebanon', comes from Oman ?
Frankincense

8. In which European capital city is eel a traditional dinner on Christmas Eve ?
b. Rome

9. Before Pope Julius I decided that December 25th was the day Jesus was born, on which day did early Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus ?
The 6th of January or feast of the epiphany. (Greek for appearance or revalation)

10. Which Christmas treat is it throught was first used to keep noisy children quiet during the church service ?
candy cane. (In the Cologne cathedral) Just one color then, stripes were introduced later in the US

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 27th, 2017, 10:24 am 
Resident Tartist
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Posts: 16589
Location: Germany
larss wrote:
1. Which friar, and the patron saint of, among others, Italy, the Philippines, the environment and stowaways, was the first person to stage a nativity scene (or manger scene) ?
St. Francis of Assisi ( as a teaching guide for the uneducated )

2. The following all mean 'Merry Christmas' in which language ?
a. Hyvaa joulua [Finnish]
b. sung tan chuk ha Korean
c. froehliche weihnacten German
d. nollaig shona dhuit Irish
e. mele kalikimaka Hawaiian
f. god jul Norwegian/Swedish/Danish
g. boas festas Portugese
h. kala christouyenna Greek

3. There are two 'Christmas islands'. Name the oceans in which they are located.
Pacific and Indian

4. Which Christmas dinner was eaten by Elizebeth I to celabrate the English victory over the Spanish Armada ?
c. goose

5. Which Christmas tradition did the very busy Sir Henry Cole introduce in 1843 ?
The sending of Christmas wishes on mass produced Christmas cards. The first cards depicted a family toasting an absent friend with the words "Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you". Only a few still exist today, If you have one dont send it away, it's a collecters item 'worth' keeping !

6. In which country does a tempermental 'Julenisse', a cross between a jolly Santa and an evil Gremlin like creature, deliver presents on Christmas Eve ?
Norway

7. Which Christmas gift of the very highest quality, also known as 'Oil of Lebanon', comes from Oman ?
Frankincense

8. In which European capital city is eel a traditional dinner on Christmas Eve ?
b. Rome

9. Before Pope Julius I decided that December 25th was the day Jesus was born, on which day did early Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus ?
The 6th of January or feast of the epiphany. (Greek for appearance or revalation)

10. Which Christmas treat is it throught was first used to keep noisy children quiet during the church service ?
candy cane. (In the Cologne cathedral) Just one color then, stripes were introduced later in the US


7. What is Franknonsense?

4. What did drink Elizebeth I to celabrate her English teacher? :? :mrgreen:

10. :stripe: :wave:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Quiz 2017
PostPosted: December 27th, 2017, 11:08 am 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 24494
Location: England
Riccardo wrote:
larss wrote:
1. Which friar, and the patron saint of, among others, Italy, the Philippines, the environment and stowaways, was the first person to stage a nativity scene (or manger scene) ?
St. Francis of Assisi ( as a teaching guide for the uneducated )

2. The following all mean 'Merry Christmas' in which language ?
a. Hyvaa joulua [Finnish]
b. sung tan chuk ha Korean
c. froehliche weihnacten German
d. nollaig shona dhuit Irish
e. mele kalikimaka Hawaiian
f. god jul Norwegian/Swedish/Danish
g. boas festas Portugese
h. kala christouyenna Greek

3. There are two 'Christmas islands'. Name the oceans in which they are located.
Pacific and Indian

4. Which Christmas dinner was eaten by Elizebeth I to celabrate the English victory over the Spanish Armada ?
c. goose

5. Which Christmas tradition did the very busy Sir Henry Cole introduce in 1843 ?
The sending of Christmas wishes on mass produced Christmas cards. The first cards depicted a family toasting an absent friend with the words "Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you". Only a few still exist today, If you have one dont send it away, it's a collecters item 'worth' keeping !

6. In which country does a tempermental 'Julenisse', a cross between a jolly Santa and an evil Gremlin like creature, deliver presents on Christmas Eve ?
Norway

7. Which Christmas gift of the very highest quality, also known as 'Oil of Lebanon', comes from Oman ?
Frankincense

8. In which European capital city is eel a traditional dinner on Christmas Eve ?
b. Rome

9. Before Pope Julius I decided that December 25th was the day Jesus was born, on which day did early Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus ?
The 6th of January or feast of the epiphany. (Greek for appearance or revalation)

10. Which Christmas treat is it throught was first used to keep noisy children quiet during the church service ?
candy cane. (In the Cologne cathedral) Just one color then, stripes were introduced later in the US


7. What is Franknonsense?

4. What did drink Elizebeth I to celabrate her English teacher? :? :mrgreen:

10. :stripe: :wave:



RickY steams in with POTCH :allhail:

_________________
Click here to visit Miss Hybrid's site

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 39 of 39   [ 959 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron