It is currently November 18th, 2018, 3:39 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 27   [ 666 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 12:37 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 19725
1. a diamond
2. Royal Institute of British Architects
7. Hugh Hefner
10. Val Kilmer
11. Canada
12. Oysters
13. Divorce :)
15. Lincoln Continental
19. Mercury
20. Augustus
23. Aubergine
25. Deciduous

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 2:47 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15666
7) Hugh Heffner
12) oysters
22) 1930 in Uraguay
23) aubergine
24) deciduous

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 4:12 pm 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 25241
Location: England
From 2 weeks ago...6. What is a baby oyster called?

I Mister L have an Oyster moment or two?

_________________
Click here to visit Miss Hybrid's site

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 2:38 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
This weeks answers were:

1. What is a perfect diamond of 100 carats or more called? A paragon
2. What does RIBA stand for? Royal Institute of British Architects
3. A toponym is a name of what? A place
4. How many books make up the Bible's Old Testament? Thirty-nine
5. In what year was Joan of Arc burned at the stake? 1431
6. How many times did Nick Faldo win the Masters golf tournament? Three (1989/90/96)
7. Who founded Playboy magazine in 1953? Hugh Hefner
8. Which artist was married to Hortense Fiquet? Paul Cezanne
9. During which war was the Battle of Cold Harbour? The American Civil War (1864)
10. Who plays Jim Morrison in the 1991 film 'The Doors'? Val Kilmer
11. In which country are the Churchill Falls? Canada (Labrador)
12. 'Angels on horseback' are what wrapped in bacon? Oysters
13. What traditionally symbolises a couple's sixth wedding anniversary? Sugar
14. Which English Cathedral houses the Sleeping Children statue? Lichfield
15. What make and model of car was John F Kennedy in when assassinated in 1963? Lincoln Continental
16. What is the name in John Travolta's character in Saturday Night Fever? Tony Manero
17. What does a phillumenist collect? Matchbox labels
18. The Madhouse is a work by which artist? Goya
19. What planet is nearest to the Sun? Mercury
20. Who was the first Roman Emperor? Augustus Caesar
21. In which year was the first FIFA World Cup held? 1930 (in Uruguay - Uruguay beat Argentina 4-2)
22. What is Canada's highest mountain? Mount Logan
23. Which vegetable is also known as an egg plant? Aubergine
24. In Greek mythology who persuaded her brother to kill their mother in revenge for the murder of their father? Electra
25. What is a tree or shrub called that sheds its leaves annually? Deciduous

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 3:37 pm 
Resident Tartist
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Posts: 17155
Location: Germany
I knew only answer 7 :rake: :slip:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 5th, 2015, 10:32 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: March 29th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Posts: 6777
Bugger! I knew all of them!



Well some of them anyway





OK - so I didn't know many at all

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 12:17 pm 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 25241
Location: England
hajmcm wrote:
Bugger! I knew all of them!



Well some of them anyway





OK - so I didn't know many at all


Google , like Pasty... :search: :spider2:

_________________
Click here to visit Miss Hybrid's site

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 1:31 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
Miss Hybrid wrote:
hajmcm wrote:
Bugger! I knew all of them!



Well some of them anyway





OK - so I didn't know many at all


Google , like Pasty... :search: :spider2:

Personally, I just use the answer sheet. :sickdog:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 3:21 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: March 29th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Posts: 6777
larss wrote:
Miss Hybrid wrote:
hajmcm wrote:
Bugger! I knew all of them!



Well some of them anyway





OK - so I didn't know many at all


Google , like Pasty... :search: :spider2:

Personally, I just use the answer sheet. :sickdog:

Isn't that cheating?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 3:43 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15666
Miss Hybrid wrote:
hajmcm wrote:
Bugger! I knew all of them!



Well some of them anyway





OK - so I didn't know many at all


Google , like Pasty... :search: :spider2:


:what: :shock: :thud: :search: :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 10:12 am 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
The weekend has arrived once more as has the quiz.


1. How many players are in a basketball team?
2. In the natural world what is a Camberwell Beauty?
3. What does a hagiographer write about?
4. In which month is United Nations Day?
5. In which English town was the TV drama Middlemarch made?
6. An Eskimo roll would be seen in which sport?
7. By which nickname was Edward Teach known?
8. Which is the largest Canary Island?
9. Which Sunday newspaper was founded by John Browne Bell in 1843?
10. What is the male part of a flower called?
11. How many teeth does an elephant have?
12. Which duo had a 1982 UK chart hit with Save Your Love?
13. What does a phyllophobic fear?
14. Reynard is a nickname for which animal?
15. In which country was tennis player John McEnroe born?
16. Which designer launched the Warehouse chain of stores?
17. What spirit is used to make a daquari?
18. Who wrote the novel The Boys From Brazil?
19. Which UK city had the first public library?
20. What is an Aldis Lamp used for?
21. What country has the international car registration letters TR?
22. Warsaw lies on which river?
23. Which vitamin, considered by some experts to be a hormone, is activated in the human body by Sunshine?
24. Apart from London which three other cities in Britain have an underground railway system?
25. Which international rugby player appeared in the January 2006 Matalan fashion brochure?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 10:30 am 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15666
1) 6
2) butterfly or moth?
6) Canoeing
7) Blackbeard
10) Stamen
11) 8?
12) Renae and Renata
14) Fox
15) USA
23) D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 1:33 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
PastyKing wrote:
1) 6
2) butterfly or moth?
6) Canoeing
7) Blackbeard
10) Stamen
11) 8?
12) Renae and Renata
14) Fox
15) USA
23) D

Not bad - 11 and 15 are incorrect.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 2:16 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15666
larss wrote:
PastyKing wrote:
1) 6
2) butterfly or moth?
6) Canoeing
7) Blackbeard
10) Stamen
11) 8?
12) Renae and Renata
14) Fox
15) USA
23) D

Not bad - 11 and 15 are incorrect.


I thought USA might be a bit to easy for No. 15. :search:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 3:43 pm 
Disciple

Joined: April 2nd, 2011, 3:07 pm
Posts: 4021
1. 5 play at a time per side, 12 (5 starters, 7 substitutes)is usually the size of the team, though the NBA now allows 15 on the roster
6. i did not know "eskimo roll" was canoeing but i did know that its apparently something people do in Rough Ramblers. thank you, Spaced. "So it wasn't so much an Eskimo roll, it was more of a case of rolling right Inuit."
7. Blackbeard
14. Fox (thank you Wayne's World)
23. D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 5:35 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
Jitna wrote:
1. 5 play at a time per side, 12 (5 starters, 7 substitutes)is usually the size of the team, though the NBA now allows 15 on the roster
6. i did not know "eskimo roll" was canoeing but i did know that its apparently something people do in Rough Ramblers. thank you, Spaced. "So it wasn't so much an Eskimo roll, it was more of a case of rolling right Inuit."
7. Blackbeard
14. Fox (thank you Wayne's World)
23. D

All correct. I did miss PK getting No.1 wrong.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 5:48 pm 
Disciple

Joined: April 2nd, 2011, 3:07 pm
Posts: 4021
larss wrote:
Jitna wrote:
1. 5 play at a time per side, 12 (5 starters, 7 substitutes)is usually the size of the team, though the NBA now allows 15 on the roster
6. i did not know "eskimo roll" was canoeing but i did know that its apparently something people do in Rough Ramblers. thank you, Spaced. "So it wasn't so much an Eskimo roll, it was more of a case of rolling right Inuit."
7. Blackbeard
14. Fox (thank you Wayne's World)
23. D

All correct. I did miss PK getting No.1 wrong.


it made me worried like i had read something wrong,

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 1:36 am 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15666
Jitna wrote:
larss wrote:
Jitna wrote:
1. 5 play at a time per side, 12 (5 starters, 7 substitutes)is usually the size of the team, though the NBA now allows 15 on the roster
6. i did not know "eskimo roll" was canoeing but i did know that its apparently something people do in Rough Ramblers. thank you, Spaced. "So it wasn't so much an Eskimo roll, it was more of a case of rolling right Inuit."
7. Blackbeard
14. Fox (thank you Wayne's World)
23. D

All correct. I did miss PK getting No.1 wrong.


it made me worried like i had read something wrong,


They move so fast I was sure there must be at least six.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 9:45 am 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: February 4th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Lancashire England
3. Saints
17. Rum
18. Ira Levin
20. Signalling
22. Vistula
24. Definitely Glasgow and Liverpool. Possibly Newcastle if parts of the Metro system run underground?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 11:52 am 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 19725
4. October
8. Tenerife
9. Screws of the World
13 Leaves (something ML definitely doesn't suffer from :sweep: )
21. Turkey

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 12:17 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
paulhuk wrote:
3. Saints
17. Rum
18. Ira Levin
20. Signalling
22. Vistula
24. Definitely Glasgow and Liverpool. Possibly Newcastle if parts of the Metro system run underground?

Well done Paul. Newcastle is correct.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 12:18 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
1BestBoy wrote:
4. October
8. Tenerife
9. Screws of the World
13 Leaves (something ML definitely doesn't suffer from :sweep: )
21. Turkey


5/5 for 1BB

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 6:51 pm 
Disciple
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2011, 10:49 am
Posts: 15666
15) was it Germany?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 9:49 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
PastyKing wrote:
15) was it Germany?

:yes:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Weekend Quiz 2015
PostPosted: February 9th, 2015, 9:39 am 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 7:35 pm
Posts: 16703
Location: Near London
This week's answers:

1. How many players are in a basketball team? Five
2. In the natural world what is a Camberwell Beauty? A butterfly
3. What does a hagiographer write about? Saints
4. In which month is United Nations Day? October (24th)
5. In which English town was the TV drama Middlemarch made? Stamford
6. An Eskimo roll would be seen in which sport? Kayaking
7. By which nickname was Edward Teach known? Blackbeard
8. Which is the largest Canary Island? Tenerife
9. Which Sunday newspaper was founded by John Browne Bell in 1843? News Of The World
10. What is the male part of a flower called? The stamen
11. How many teeth does an elephant have? 26
12. Which duo had a 1982 UK chart hit with Save Your Love? Renee and Renato
13. What does a phyllophobic fear? Leaves
14. Reynard is a nickname for which animal? The fox
15. In which country was tennis player John McEnroe born? Germany
16. Which designer launched the Warehouse chain of stores? Jeff Banks
17. What spirit is used to make a daquari? Rum
18. Who wrote the novel The Boys From Brazil? Ira Levin
19. Which UK city had the first public library? Norwich (1608)
20. What is an Aldis Lamp used for? Signalling (Morse code)
21. What country has the international car registration letters TR? Turkey
22. Warsaw lies on which river? The Vistula
23. Which vitamin, considered by some experts to be a hormone, is activated in the human body by Sunshine? D
24. Apart from London which three other cities in Britain have an underground railway system? Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle
25. Which international rugby player appeared in the January 2006 Matalan fashion brochure? Gavin Henson

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 27   [ 666 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net