It is currently January 20th, 2017, 6:41 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 9:18 am 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 21705
Location: England
Felix would like your advice on the ideal formats, most universally playable on mobile devices.
He will be thinking of 8 tracks , and cassete so it may be a lot to ask. I was talking to him vesterday about the best formats generally. He thought that Betamax was the best and evidently still has a huge collection of films. I can guess what sort of films.
I will take a wild stab in the dark and guess that they all will featurel permed muffs and moustaches. The out of sync soundtrack wil be twang, twang, Bow Chicka Bow Wow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 10:58 am 
Miserable Worm
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Miss Hybrid's Mansion
Well, Betamax is a far better format than VHS, I can't understand why it was ever dropped. I have a great Color Climax collection in Betamax with plenty of peeing. You can borrow some if you like Mistress.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 10:14 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 16361
Felix wrote:
Well, Betamax is a far better format than VHS, I can't understand why it was ever dropped. I have a great Color Climax collection in Betamax with plenty of peeing. You can borrow some if you like Mistress.


Felix, your climax colour is kinda gray and in that box of tissues under your bed! Miss H told me! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 10:26 pm 
Miserable Worm
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Miss Hybrid's Mansion
1BestBoy wrote:
Felix wrote:
Well, Betamax is a far better format than VHS, I can't understand why it was ever dropped. I have a great Color Climax collection in Betamax with plenty of peeing. You can borrow some if you like Mistress.


Felix, your climax colour is kinda greay and in that box of tissues under your bed! Miss H told me! :lol:


Color Climax, not the colour of my climax you oaf! :x
And how the hell does she know about my tissue box :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 10:29 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 16361
Felix wrote:
1BestBoy wrote:
Felix wrote:
Well, Betamax is a far better format than VHS, I can't understand why it was ever dropped. I have a great Color Climax collection in Betamax with plenty of peeing. You can borrow some if you like Mistress.


Felix, your climax colour is kinda greay and in that box of tissues under your bed! Miss H told me! :lol:


Color Climax, not the colour of my climax you oaf! :x
And how the hell does she know about my tissue box :oops:


HAHAHA I think Lucy found it.....and you just know she can't keep her mouth shut :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 11:03 pm 
Miserable Worm
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Miss Hybrid's Mansion
1BestBoy wrote:
HAHAHA I think Lucy found it.....and you just know she can't keep her mouth shut :roll:


:D That's what I like best about her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 12:00 am 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 16361
Felix wrote:
1BestBoy wrote:
HAHAHA I think Lucy found it.....and you just know she can't keep her mouth shut :roll:


:D That's what I like best about her.


That's what I thought!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 9:50 am 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 21705
Location: England
CCTV, ring a bell? Huh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 2:50 pm 
Miserable Worm
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Miss Hybrid's Mansion
Miss Hybrid wrote:
CCTV, ring a bell? Huh?


It is so unbiquitous, that I forgot about the one in my room. Doh!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 5:37 pm 
Apostle
User avatar

Joined: May 4th, 2010, 12:22 am
Posts: 320
Location: CANADA EH!
Just wondering if Felix can help me work out the bugs in this beta application.
Attachment:
humor_software_installation.gif
humor_software_installation.gif [ 22.45 KiB | Viewed 2407 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 6:01 pm 
Miserable Worm
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 4:14 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Miss Hybrid's Mansion
cel, that beta version is at least 12 years out of date. You should be installing the beta HumorSense2008 or the latest actual release HumorSense7 (SP 2). UK users should download the British version - HumourSense7, which has the additional dryHumour module.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: May 27th, 2010, 7:41 pm 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 21705
Location: England
Has anyone seen spot?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 12:51 am 
Newbie

Joined: June 25th, 2010, 12:42 am
Posts: 4
The format I would recommend is H.264 format
Videora Android Converter is a free tool which can do that just google search for a download.

This format works for both Iphone and Android which aside from blackberry is the most widely used phones, and it will play on palm and windows devices as well.

If you have any other specifics like compression rate or are looking for a different size quality ratio let me know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 12th, 2010, 8:16 pm 
Newbie

Joined: July 12th, 2010, 7:55 pm
Posts: 4
itsnotabigdeal wrote:
The format I would recommend is H.264 format
Videora Android Converter is a free tool which can do that just google search for a download.

This format works for both Iphone and Android which aside from blackberry is the most widely used phones, and it will play on palm and windows devices as well.

If you have any other specifics like compression rate or are looking for a different size quality ratio let me know.


Yup, would have to agree with this. Iphone and Android based O/S phones definitely account for a HUGE marketshare currently. I only see this growing. Never been a fan of blackberries personally. From an IT Manager perspective, I didn't find value in having to pay for their heavily priced Enterprise software. (however, I have since learned, they now offer a free version that supports up to 30 user. A day late and a dollar short for me :) )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 12:03 am 
Follower

Joined: July 12th, 2010, 11:43 pm
Posts: 42
Current mobile devices usually have mp4 capability, right?
Or that's just my blackberry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 12:21 am 
Follower
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Chicago, IL
Pretty much any smartphone (iPhones, Android, etc) can play mp4s with no issue. Pretty much all phones, including standard non-smart phones, can play .3gp without any issues, though if you're stuck browsing for porn on a non-smart phone, I feel really sorry for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 8:00 pm 
Follower

Joined: July 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Posts: 13
itsnotabigdeal wrote:
The format I would recommend is H.264 format
Videora Android Converter is a free tool which can do that just google search for a download.

This format works for both Iphone and Android which aside from blackberry is the most widely used phones, and it will play on palm and windows devices as well.

If you have any other specifics like compression rate or are looking for a different size quality ratio let me know.


I have to agree, best format and depending on compression great to distribute over the internet. Without loosing quality you can make the files small and easy to handle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 9:36 pm 
Post Whore
User avatar

Joined: April 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Posts: 21705
Location: England
I use mp4 and wmv both in 720 and 480. I also have an Ipod / Iphone format

This mix seems to give everyone something they can play with.

I also have a sybian and Hitachi magic wand x

_________________
Click here to visit Miss Hybrid's site

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 10:09 pm 
Follower
User avatar

Joined: July 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Chicago, IL
Miss Hybrid wrote:
I also have a sybian and Hitachi magic wand x


Which are really only things you get to play with, but it's ok because you let us watch. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 10:47 pm 
Acolyte
User avatar

Joined: April 30th, 2010, 3:19 am
Posts: 16361
Miss Hybrid wrote:
I use mp4 and wmv both in 720 and 480. I also have an Ipod / Iphone format

This mix seems to give everyone something they can play with.

I also have a sybian and Hitachi magic wand x



I don't need a phone to play :-)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 15th, 2010, 5:33 am 
Follower

Joined: July 8th, 2010, 6:14 pm
Posts: 16
The most common used format for phones including the (notice my sarcasm :p) so wonderfull Iphone is MP4.
So my best guess would be that.
Even thou I'd say your wonderfull body is best seen on a higher resolution


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 17th, 2010, 4:08 pm 
Follower

Joined: July 17th, 2010, 2:25 pm
Posts: 10
H.264, 3GP (3GPP), 3G2 (3GPP2) and MPEG-4 (.mp4) are going to be your most common mobile video formats for mobile phones today. Smart or not, most phones can handle some video, though on non-Smart phones, the quality suffers dramatically. There are plenty of options available for encoders for these formats, some that will let you take WMV and AVI and reduce it to H.264 or .mp4 and some that will let you encode directly to iPhone/iPod specific formats at different resolutions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 18th, 2010, 3:21 pm 
Follower

Joined: June 2nd, 2010, 12:11 am
Posts: 11
I would tend to agree with the .mp4 or h.264 format. Not only does it give you iphone / smartphone exposure it can also be synced into Apple TV to watch on the big screen which is what I do with some movies or clips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 12:02 am 
Newbie

Joined: July 19th, 2010, 11:54 pm
Posts: 9
I would vote for mp4. Pretty widely used in Mobile OSes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Formats for phones
PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 10:15 pm 
Newbie

Joined: July 16th, 2010, 5:14 pm
Posts: 8
whatever it is because i just wana see miss Hybrid


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: